Controlling G Major 2 with FCB 1010
First you will need to calibrate and assign a MIDI CC value to the footswitches and expression pedals.
MIDI volume is standardized as CC#7. This is what most MIDI gear supports, but check your documentation to be sure.
1. Press the 1 button.
2. Press and hold the Down button on the FCB1010 for about 5 seconds. This puts the FCB1010 in programming mode for preset 1.
3. Press the UP button once.
4. Usually one or more buttons will now have their LEDs on. The green light will be at select.
5. If the 8 LED is not on, press and hold the 8 button until the LED comes on.
6. Press the 8 button again, and it should begin to blink.
7. Press the UP button once. The display should begin to brink showing the current CC command for expression pedal A.
8. Press the 0 button. Press the 7 button.
9. Press the UP button once.
10. Press the 0 button twice (which sets the minimum volume to zero)
11. Press the UP button once.
12. Press the 1 button. press the 2 button. Press the 7 button. This sets the max volume to 127, which is generally what you want.
13. Press the UP button once.
14. Now press and hold the Down button for about 5 seconds.
You will also need to set the MIDI channel for Expression A to the same channel you selected above.
1. If FCB1010 is turned on, turn it off
2. Press and hold the Down button while you turn on the FCB1010. Keep holding it down for about 5 seconds. When you see the small green light come on, release the button
3. Press the UP button once. The green light will have changed to the MIDI Function selection.
4. Press the 8 button. The 8 button LED and green light will begin to blink. The display will change to show you the current MIDI channel for expression pedal A
5. Press the UP button once. The green light will move to MIDI Chann and the display digit will begin to blink.
6. Press the 0 button and then the 1 button. This will change it to MIDI channel 1. The display should now show 01.
7. Press the UP button once. The green light will move to the MIDI Config selection.
8. Now press and hold the Down button for about 5 seconds. The display will change to 00.
You have now programmed the FCB1010 to use Expression Pedal A for volume control. The process for expression pedal B is similar expect you will be using the 9 button in steps 5 and 8 and step 4.
To calibrate the expression pedals on the FCB;
1. Keep footswitches 1 and 3 pressed while switching on the unit (This bit you can't do standing up!). Release the switches when the display blanks. The LEDs on the footswitches, the ones on the display and each segment of the two numeric displays will turn on and off in sequence.
2. Wait until all footswitch LEDs are on. Depress all footswitches one at a time, including UP and DOWN, until all LEDs are off.
3. Wait until relay switch test is finished. (There will be a couple of mechanical clicks, and the display will end up reading "F1) [Also, if you have connected a MIDI cable between the MIDI in and out, the display will show "A1" before this, meaning the midi ports work correctly].
4. Press DOWN once.
5. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.
6. Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.
7. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the lowest value. Once adjusted press UP.
8. Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the highest value. Once adjusted press UP.
9. Select a patch which has both pedals set to their full range, and check the expression pedals now send 0-127 (0x00-0x7F)
Once you have completed these steps, connect the MIDI out of the FCB to the MIDI in on the G-Major. You will now need to calibrate the device in the G-Major.
Press the ‘MIDI’ button and select the same MIDI channel as you did on the FCB. Next press the Global button and use the arrows to find the PedalCalib option. Press enter and then set the Maximum and Minimum pedal values.
Next press the MOD button on your G Major. There are 4 Mod slots that can control different parameters from your FCB. Use the arrows to select the Mod slot you would like to assign and use the main control wheel to select the learn function and press enter, followed by pushing the switch/pedal you would like to assign the parameter to on your FCB. The G Major 2 will now show the MIDI CC Value. Press enter again and you will be sent to a menu to assign different parameters to this Mod slot. Use the arrow buttons to navigate through the parameters and the control wheel to select the Mod slot, then press enter when you are finished. You will then be sent to the Modifier Response Curve menu. The Modifier Response Curve determines how the Modifier responds to e.g. the movement of an Expression pedal. There are three parameters to set. MinOut Determines the Modifier Outlevel when the Expression pedal/Modifier Input is at minimum position. MidOut Determines the Modifier Outlevel when the Expression pedal/Modifier Input is at medium position. MaxOut. Determines the Modifier Outlevel when the Expression pedal/Modifier Input is at maximum position.
You should now be able to control various parameters of your G Major 2 using the FCB1010 controller.
Please see the G Major 2 user manual for more information on MIDI functionality.