This example shows use of the FCB1010 with DIRECT SELECT mode disabled, which means you access BANKS 00 to 09, then presets 1 through 10 within each bank. We'll select preset 2 in BANK 00 to select BANK 4 PRESET E on the V-AMP 2 and to control volume with EXPRESSION PEDAL A. This procedure will also work on any other V-AMP processor.
Setting the V-AMP to receive on MIDI channel 1:
1. Press the BANK UP and BANK DOWN ARROW buttons at the same time, and you?ll see the SETUP LED light up.
2. Press the A button (MIDI) to access the MIDI function on the V-AMP 2.
3. If the display shows 1 it means that the unit is already configured to receive and send data on MIDI channel 1. If the display doesn't show a 1, use the ARROW buttons to set the value to 1. Press the TUNER button to exit SETUP mode on the V-AMP 2.
Using GLOBAL SETUP mode on the FCB1010 to choose DIRECT SELECT disabled mode, and to transmit on MIDI channel 1:
1. On the FCB1010, press and hold the DOWN switch during power-up to enter the GLOBAL SETUP mode. The green DIRECT SELECT LED will be lit.
2. If the 10 switch LED is lit, press it so it isn't lit up, and then DIRECT SELECT mode will be disabled.
3. Press the UP switch to go to the next level, and the green MIDI FUNCTION LED in the GLOBAL CONFIGURATION portion of the display will start to flash.
4. When you press the 1 switch, it's LED will begin to flash, and 01 will appear in the display.
5. Press the UP switch and the green MIDI CHAN LED will light up. You can now select the MIDI channel that the FCB1010 will use to transmit.
6. Press the 0 and 1 switches so that 01 appears in the display.
7. Press the UP switch to confirm the chosen MIDI channel. The green CONFIG LED will light up.
8. Press and hold the DOWN switch until ?00? appears in the display, and you will have left the GLOBAL SETUP menu.
Using PRESET mode on the FCB1010 to select BANK ?00?, preset ?2? and program it to access BANK 4 PRESET E on the V-AMP 2 and control volume with EXPRESSION PEDAL A:
1. We'll now select a preset to use on the FCB1010. Use the UP or DOWN switches to make 00 appear in the display. Press the 2 switch to make it?s LED light up. This will select BANK 00 and preset 2.
2. Press and hold the DOWN switch for about 2 ½ seconds to enter the PRESET programming mode. The green SWITCH 1/SWITCH 2 LED will start flashing.
3. Press the UP switch and the green SELECT LED will light up.
4. If the LED for the 1 switch isn't lit, press and hold the switch for about 1½ seconds until it lights up. Press the switch again (if necessary) to make it flash.
5. Confirm your choice by pressing the UP switch, and the green NUMBER LED will light up.
6. Press the 2 and 0 switches to make 20 appear in the display.
7. Press the UP switch to confirm your choice, and the SELECT LED will light up.
8. It's now time to select the EXPRESSION PEDAL that we want to program to control volume. Switch 8 corresponds with EXPRESSION PEDAL A, so look to see if the LED is lit, and if it isn't, press it to light it up.
9. Press switch 8 again so that it flashes.
10. Press the UP switch to confirm your choice, and the green NUMBER LED in the display will light up.
11. Now we?ll choose the CONTROLLER number that will allow the FCB1010 to access the volume control on the V-AMP 2. Press switch 7 so that 7 appears in the display. MIDI controller number 7 allows control of volume (as shown on the MIDI Implementation Chart of the V-AMP 2).
12. Press the UP switch to confirm your choice, and the green VALUE 1 LED will light up.
13. Now we'll set a number between 1-127 for the lowest value in the volume range to be controlled by the EXPRESSION PEDAL. Press the 1 switch to make 1 appear in the display, and set it as the lowest value. Press the UP switch to confirm, and the green VALUE 2 LED will light up.
14. The highest value for volume control will now be selected. Use the 1, 2, and 7 switches to enter 127 in the display, and now that value will be used as the highest level of volume control. Press the UP switch to confirm your choice.
15. Press and hold the DOWN switch to leave the PRESET programming mode. A red dot will briefly appear in the display, indicating that the programming steps were successful, and then a preset number will appear in the display.
16. When you select BANK 00 and preset 2 on the FCB1010, it will call up BANK 4 PRESET E, and you can control the volume level on the amp with EXPRESSION PEDAL A.
Note: In this example, DIRECT SELECT mode is disabled on the FCB1010. The same process can be applied with DIRECT SELECT mode enabled to access the preset and volume control on the V-AMP 2.