The following will allow you to operate the SP400 Super Phase Shifter to its full potential:
1. Connect the guitar to the input jack of the SP400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect the amp to the output jack of the SP400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. OPTIONAL: Connect an expression pedal to the EXP/CTL jack of the SP400 using a 1/4" TRS cable.
4. Use the RATE control to adjust the modulation speed.
5. Use the DEPTH control to adjust the modulation depth.
6. Use the RES control to adjust the intensity of the effect.
7. Use the MODE control to select one of the 7 modes:
- 4/8/10/12 STAGE - These modes determine the number of stages for the phaser effect. The sound varies from vintage phaser sounds to deep and powerful phasing effects.
- FALL - This mode gives you the impression of a constantly falling phasing sound.
- RISE - This mode sounds like a permanently rising phasing sound.
- STEP - In this mode the filtration modification occurs up and down in defined steps.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.