The following will allow you to operate the UM300 Ultra Metal to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the input jack of the UM300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the UM300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Use the DIST control to adjust the amount of gain.
4. Use the HIGH control to boost/cut the high frequencies.
5. Use the LOW control to boost/cut the low frequencies.
6. Use the MID control to boost/cut the selected mid frequency.
7. Use the MID FREQ control to determine which mid frequency to boost or cut.
8. Use the LEVEL control to determine the overall volume.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.