The following will allow you to operate the VD1 Vintage Distortion/Sustainor to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the INPUT using a standard 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the OUTPUT using a standard 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Adjust the LEVEL control to achieve the appropriate output volume for your application.
4. Adjust the TONE control to raise the high frequencies of the signal to give you a more powerful distortion tone.
5. Adjust the SUSTAIN control to to give you more or less of the sustain effect.
As always, experiment with different settings until you achieve your desired results.