The following will allow you to operate the VD400 Vintage Delay to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the input jack of the VD400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the VD400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Use the REPEAT RATE control to adjust the delay time (repetition rate).
4. Use the ECHO control to adjust effect's output level.
5. Use the INTENSITY control to adjust the number of repetitions.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired amount of effect is achieved.