The following will allow the S16 and X32 to communicate with one another:
1. Connect a shielded Cat5e cable to the AES50A port of the X32 and the AES50A port of the S16.
2. Press and hold the CONFIG button of the S16
3. With the CONFIG button held, rotate the HA encoder knob counter-clockwise until the display reads "1-8" and no LEDs are lit on the right-hnad side of the display.
4. On the X32, navigate to the CONFIG tab of the SETUP screen.
5. Set the Synchronization to LOCAL.
This setup will allow the S16 and X32 to communicate with one another to send signal back and forth between the two devices.