How do I set up the Icon Software on an Apple computer with the System 6000 ?
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the Mainframe to the Computer,
- Go to System Preferences and launch the Network preference,
- Change the configuration to Manually,
- Change IP address to 192.168.1.123,
- Change the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0 and click 'Apply',
- Launch the Icon and click detect,
- If the computer cannot connect to the System 6000 Mainframe:
- Disable the other Ethernet port(s) .To do so select that port in the network preference and change the configuration to 'Off'. It may also be necessary to disable Airport networking.
- Test connectivity by using the Network Utility Application located in the Applications > Utilities folder. Click the Ping tab > Type 192.168.126 > Click 'Ping'.