Which MIDI interface were tested for updating the software in G-Major 2, G-Natural or Nova System?
We have tested a list of MIDI interfaces both on PC and Macs. The interface models and their respective results are indicated below:
- Audio Trak MIDI Mate
- CME u2midi
- Edirol PCR-30
- Edirol UM-1
- EMU Xmidi
- ESI Romio
- ESI Key Control 25
- M-Audio Midisport UNO (new version/ translucent blue)
- M-Audio Midisport UNO (old version/midiman light blue)
- M-Audio Midisport 2x2 new AE edition
- MOTU Fastlane -> worked, but needs latest Motu drivers . Update failed in the first place due to "midi thru" feature being active, but worked on 2nd and 3rd try with MIDI Thru switch "Off"
- Swissonic USB MIDI
- TC Electronic Konnekt Live
- Worlde Midi Port USB (Chinese OEM)
These didn't work:
- Behringer U-Control
- Evolution U-Control UC-33
- Yamaha UX 16
- ESI ESU1808
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you have another interface, you should still try it. In worse case, the update will not complete and your unit will still work with the current version.