G-Major / G-Major 2 / G-System: How to make channel switching work with a Koch Amp


I have a Koch amplifier. How can I make the G-Major / G-System switch the channels of my amp?


The KC-50 Deluxe has two mono jack connectors.

You need a standard stereo jack to 2 x mono jack (Y-split cable) to connect the G-Major´s "EXT CTRL" socket to your amp. On the G-system use SW1 or SW2

Relay 1Relay 2Channel

The Twintone amp with a stereo jack socket: Just connect using a stereo patch cable.

The Multitone and Powertone amps, For this series Koch offers the "DJ-1". This is a small unit with four jack connectors. You can use a Y-split cable if you already got a DJ-1.

The Multitone and Powertone footswitch has 5 switches (clean, crunch, lead, Reverb and Rhythm/solo). Two jacks on the DJ-1 are for the channels and the other two are for the reverb and rhythm/solo.

You can also make a cable like the one described in the PDF document attached below.

Information kindly provided by Koch Guitar Electronics.


Share this page