What are the differences between the PolyTune (also called PolyTune Classic) and the PolyTune 2?
The differences are:
- Ultra-bright LED display with ambient light sensor for PolyTune 2
- Chromatic strobe tuner - 0.1 cent tuning accuracy for PolyTune 2
- -+/- 0.5 Cent Tuning Accuracy for PolyTune
- +/- 0.1 Cent Tuning Accuracy For PolyTune 2
- Soft footswitch for PolyTune 2
- PolyTune 2 stores your preferences, from pitch reference to selected tuning mode it hangs on to this information even after it is powered down
What they have in common, is:
- The size is the same
- Polyphonic tuning: Tune all strings simultaneously
- For guitars and basses
- Supports Drop-D and capo tuning modes
- True bypass with silent tuning
Please note that it is not possible to update the PolyTune Classic to include the features from the PolyTune 2 because the PolyTune 2 has different hardware than the PolyTune Classic.
PolyTune 2 and PolyTune 2 Mini: What are the differences?
Differences between PolyTune Mini & PolyTune 2 Mini