How do I uninstall PowerCore software under OSX to perform a clean installation?
The easy and recommended method (10.6.8 to 10.9.5):
1. Run PowerCoreQuench.pkg which is included with the latest installer "powercoreinstaller443"
2. Run PowerCoreInstaller4.4.3.f62.pkg
The manual method:
1. Disconnect the PowerCore
2. Un-install with the attached script uninstaller
3. Please check if the following files/folders are deleted (if they still exists delete them manually):
/Library/Application Support/TC Electronic/POWERCORE
Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/all powercore plug-ins
Library/Receipts/- "remove all PowerCore related entries " (-IMPORTANT-)
4. Empty Trash
5. Shut down and Safe Boot. Start the Mac in "Safe Boot" - Hold SHIFT during startup until "Safe Boot Screen" appears
7. Install Version 4.4.3
9. Connect PowerCore
Back to previous FAQ: Troubleshooting under Mac OSX