Your choice depends on two things:
What plug-ins do you need?
How mobile do you wish to be?
/ PowerCore PCI (both discontinued) comes with 9 plug-ins. It is a PCI expansion card that you can insert into your computer.
- PowerCore PCI mkII / PowerCore Express comes with 14 plug-ins and is a PCI expansion card you can insert into your computer.
- PowerCore Unplugged is a PCI mkII card without any bundled plug-ins. It is ideal as a 2nd PowerCore for your existing system or for users who wish to use the PowerCore with select 3rd party PowerCore plug-ins.
- PowerCore Compact (now discontinued) comes with 14 plug-ins. It is a nice little box that connects to your computer via FireWire. PowerCore Compact is perfect if you wish to use it in different locations.
- PowerCore FireWire comes with 14 plug-ins. It is a 19" rack mountable unit that connects to your computer via FireWire the same way PowerCore Compact does.
- PowerCore X8 comes with 14 plug-ins and a plug-in voucher which can be redeemed towards optional plug-ins in our webshop. It is -- like the PowerCore FireWire -- a 19" rack mountable unit, which is the most powerful PowerCore yet, with twice as much power as the PowerCore FireWire, Unplugged, PCI mkII and Express.
- PowerCore 6000: similar in power to the X8, the 6000 adds all the normally optional System 6000 plug-ins to the package of included plug-ins.
You can hook up several PowerCores in one system - independent of which type of PowerCore you have.
For more information regarding the processing power of each, as well as an overview over the bundled plug-ins, please see our PowerCore Comparison Chart.