The latest version of Harmony-M software is v1.1 build 18.
You can see what version your Harmony-M is by holding the Voice1 and Voice2 buttons while powering up the unit. The Preset display will show the build number as a single digit with a dot to signify 10+(number displayed). Newer versions from the factory will show 8 dot.
If you have any other version, you can upgrade to the latest version and gain the improvements listed below.
Improvements in Harmony-M v1.1 Build 18:
- Chord detection speed improved by 60%
- Bass Voice follows chords better
- Exiting Bypass now done with tapping instead of holding On button
- Harmony On/Off activates on footswitch press instead of release
You will need a computer, a MIDI sysex application and MIDI interface. There are free sysex applications available on the web by searching MIDI Ox (PC) or Sysex (Mac).
- Download the sysex file attachment below to your computer.
- Power up Harmony-M
- Connect a MIDI cable between the MIDI Out of your interface to the MIDI In on Harmony-M.
- Load the included sysex file into the sysex application.
- We recommend MIDI-OX for the software update, please refer to this FAQ for the best settings.
- Send the sysex file. Harmony-M's Input LED (beside the Input control) will light during the dump.
- After a short time, the sysex dump will complete and Harmony-M will automatically reset and restart with the new software.
- Check the version as described above to confirm it is correct.