We can recommend the free application MIDI-OX for Windows, which is available for download here.
How to send the software update to your HarmonyControl:
First, install MIDI-OX and make sure that you have the appropriate MIDI connection between the unit and your PC. Connect the MIDI OUT from your computer to the MIDI IN of HarmonyControl.
To send the downloaded Sys-ex file of the software update to your unit, please do the following:
- Launch MIDI-OX
- Select your Midi Interface and activate the Midi output port (options > Midi devices)
- In the Sysex window, choose Command > Window > Load File and navigate the location where you stored the HarmonyControl_Final_1_0.syx file.
- In the Sysex window, choose Command > Window > Load File and navigate the location where you stored the file.
- In the Sysex window, choose File > Send Sysex File to transmit the software update. The lights above the footswitches will change status while receiving the software.
When the file has stopped sending, after approximately 10 seconds, the Lights and Numeric Display on the unit will change status.
To confirm the software update was successful:
- Unplug the power, and then replug the power with both footswitches pressed simultaneously. Continue holding the two switches until the display shows "*0".
- Press the KEY footswitch.
- Press the ON footswitch.
- The display should have a flashing 4.5. - this indicates the right software version. If this is what it shows then the software upgrade has been successful! If it doesn't, then the MIDI interface used is not compatible. Click here for more information about compatible MIDI interfaces.