There are a few steps involved with backing up presets. You'll also want to use this guide when upgrading firmware, just to be doubly sure that all of your hard work is preserved.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Once VoiceSupport recognizes your device, click on Presets.
- Click on the large button in the middle of the screen. Your presets will load into the window.
- If you want to export all of your presets, move to Step 5. If you would like to pick and choose which presets to export, click on the first preset you'd like to save and then Ctrl+Click on the others you'd like to include.
- Click "Export".
- Click "Browse" and choose your save location. If you're unsure, or not super comfortable with computers, save the file to your desktop so it's easy to find.
- In the "File Naming" box, give the export file a name.
- If you're backing up all of your presets, make sure "All Presets" is selected under "Export Data".
- If you're backing up a few presets, choose "Selected Presets" instead.
- "Export Source" should be "Working Data".
- Click "Start Export"
- The file should appear in your chosen save location. eg. on your Desktop
To Import your presets back to your device, it's pretty quick.
- Click "Import".
- Click "Browse" and find the file you exported.
- Click "Start Import".
- You should see the existing presets turn red to show that new information has been added.
- Click "Apply Changes".
- Presets will be sent to your device.
- You're done!
There are some pictures below to show you what the various screens look like: